How to Get White Teeth from Home?
A lady wearing red showing her white teeth
White teeth are something that many people want to achieve. This is understandable because it makes smiles look more attractive and pleasing. In fact, this is a beauty trend that is becoming very popular all over the world.
However, getting your teeth to whiten usually requires expensive dental procedures. On top of that, it would require you to go to the dental clinic often, which can be time-consuming. But, you’d be happy to know that it is possible to achieve it without spending much in the comforts of your home.
To know how to get the pearly white smile that you desire, continue reading this article.
How to Use Charcoal Teeth Whitening Toothpaste?
How to use charcoal teeth whitening toothpaste
Are you wondering how to use charcoal teeth whitening? If yes, don’t worry because the steps are very simple.
Over the years, the use of charcoal has been a growing trend in cosmetics and wellness. It has also found its way as an ingredient in many whitening toothpastes. The main ingredient, activated charcoal, can be helpful in removing stains in your teeth. It is also mildly abrasive, so it’s able to absorb surface stains.
You can buy pre-made charcoal toothpaste and use it the same way as you would with the traditional ones. However, if you want to make your own, here are the steps and ingredients on how to use charcoal teeth whitening:
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tsp activated charcoal
- 1 to 2 drops of essential oils
- In a small saucepan, slowly dissolve the coconut oil until it’s in liquid form.
- Transfer the liquid to a small bowl. Add in the baking soda, activated charcoal, and essential oils.
- Incorporate the ingredients well with each other by mixing them thoroughly. Transfer to a sealable container and allow it to cool in a dry place.
On top of knowing how to use charcoal teeth whitening, it is important to know that the process of making it can be quite messy. Activated charcoal is an ingredient that can easily stain clothes and countertops.
To avoid this, make sure to cover your workspace with old newspaper and have some paper towels nearby just in case.
Also, take note that it is not recommended to use charcoal toothpaste daily. Ideally, it would help if you only used it once or twice a week. Although the results are not automatic, you will get the white smile you want as time goes by.
How to Use Teeth Whitening Strips, to get white teeth?
A female holding teeth whitening strips in her hand
Another simple way to get a pearly smile is by using teeth whitening strips. These products usually contain bleach or peroxide. If it has bleach, it works the same way as bleaching your hair. Meanwhile, if it has peroxide, it helps restore the natural color of your teeth and remove stains.
Here are the steps on how to use teeth whitening strips:
- Read the Product Instructions – Most of these products have similar application procedures, but some brands may have different instructions. This is why it’s best to read the instructions before starting anything.
- Brush Your Teeth – Before applying the strips, you must first brush your teeth. If you don’t, there might be bacteria or food trapped on your teeth that will prevent the whitening substance from getting in contact with your teeth.
- Prepare the Strips – Some brands have separate strips for the top and bottom teeth. Make sure that you have the right strips for the correct locations.
- Place the Strips on Your Teeth – Apply the strips to your teeth accordingly. The side with the get coat must be in contact with your teeth surface. Also, make sure that the strips cover the full surface of the teeth without any uneven areas or bumps.
- Wait – At this point, you have to let the strips do their work. Wait for the recommended time according to the brand’s instructions before taking them off.
- Repeat- You will not notice the result immediately after only doing it once or twice. At best, you will be able to see the result after 4 months of consistent usage of doing it twice every day.
When using teeth whitening strips, make sure to avoid swallowing any of its gel. The bleach or peroxide that it contains can be poisonous when ingested.
Also, if you notice any sensitivity happening in your teeth or gums, it is best to stop using the product.
How to Use Teeth Whitening Kit, to get white teeth?
A younger girl holding a teeth whitening kit tray
Teeth whitening kits are all the rage these days because they are effective and convenient. On top of that, there are plenty of brands to choose from, and some of them are considerably more affordable than professional whitening.
Most of these kits contain trays and tubes of whitening syringes and whitening gels. Here are some of the common types of teeth whitening kits available in the market:
- Pre-filled Trays Whitening kits
- Moldable trays Whitening Kits
- LED Light and Trays Whitening Kits
How to use these kits depends on the brand and type. But, here are the general steps on how to use it:
- Brush your teeth.
- Separate the trays from their packaging.
- Align the trays with the upper teeth and gently push them up.
- Repeat step 4 for the lower teeth, then close your mouth. Avoid biting down hard because the get will be oozing out.
- Let it stay in its position according to what’s instructed in the teeth whitening kits’ packaging.
- After the time has elapsed, remove the trays and dispose of them. Rinse the remaining gel from your teeth and gums using water.
The effectiveness of these kits is highly reliant on the bleach and peroxide concentration that it has.
However, be careful with those brands with high bleach and peroxide content because they might cause sensitivity to the gums and teeth after prolonged use.
A young curly haired woman bright white teeth
It is not impossible to get the white teeth that you have been dreaming of, and the proof of that is the different methods mentioned above.
They are easy to do, affordable, and convenient, so you have plenty of options to choose from.
The most affordable method is by using charcoal toothpaste, but the results can take some time. If you need to whiten your teeth quickly, you might want to consider using whitening strips or kits. But, these can be more expensive than using charcoal toothpaste. Now you know so much about teeth whitening in Bangkok, come to the shop and book your appointment now. With advanced technology and experienced dentists, teeth whitening in Thailand can be a great option.
However, regardless of what product you use, make sure to carefully choose your products and apply them according to the instructions. Doing this will significantly mitigate the chances of adverse side effects from happening.